Podcast Hosts and where to find us on Twitter:
Erin Barnes: twitter.com/ebarnes73
Scott Haselwood: twitter.com/teachfromhere
Who hosted the #oklaed chat and where to find them on Twitter:
Guest Moderators from #COLchat: Culture of Learning that happens on alternate Mondays 8:00CST catch them next on March 27:
- Michele Corbat: @MicheleCorbat
- Kevin Hime: @Coach57
- Rodney Hetherton: @RodneyHetherton
- Adam Hartley: @aj_hartley1
- Anne Beck: @mrsbeck25
- 154 participants and 743 tweets
Overview of chat topic
- Topic: March Madness: Assessment Madness
Quick overview of each question from the chat:
- 1 – We are heading into spring assessment “March Madness” season. What ways do you keep the focus on creativity?
- 2 – Education has continued to be standardized, how do you personalize learning for your students?
- 3 – What do you do in your classroom to alleviate the testing madness?
- 4 – What if there were no state assessments? What would be the alternative?
- 5 – When/how often should we us project/performance-based assessments when state tests are mostly forced-choice assessments?
- 6 – Can parents/students opt out of your state assessments? What happens if they do?
- 7 – Should there be ‘common assessments’ or ‘common understandings’? Why?
- 8 – What will you do tomorrow to ensure that “March Madness” doesn’t take over your classroom/school?
Favorite question and why?
Boomsauce tweet(s) of the night:
Next week on the #oklaed chat
- Join us at 8PM CST Sunday for Indian Ed: Leadership and Policy moderated by @FunstonWM