Follow Oklaed the Podcast on:
Podcast Hosts and where to find us on Twitter:
Erin Barnes: twitter.com/elynnlll
Anne Beck: https://twitter.com/mrsbeck25
Jonathan Atchley: https://twitter.com/JonnyCurriculum
Scott Haselwood: twitter.com/teachfromhere
Who hosted the #oklaed chat and where to find them on Twitter:
Overview of chat topic
- Topic: EdCampOKC
Quick overview of each question from the chat:
- 1 – What makes you so excited to attend Edcampokc?
- 2 – What are you hoping to learn about at Edcampokc
- 3 – Explain to the newbies the rule of two feet.
- 4 – Why do you think the rule of two feet is important?
A4. To not waste anyone's time. Yours specifically. Get the tools and tips YOU need for your classroom/building #oklaed— Justin Mann (@Jmann405) February 27, 2017
A4) Dual purpose. Learn more by going to more sessions, waste less time in places where you don't need to be. #oklaed— ChrisParadise (@ChrisParadise) February 27, 2017
A4: because EdCamp is all about you! #oklaed— Meghan Loyd (@meghanloyd) February 27, 2017
- 5 – Who are you looking forward to seeing at EdCampOKC?
A5 hope to meet at least 1 person I feel like I know from PLN but have never met! #oklaed— Kenneth Ward (@kennethdward) February 27, 2017
- 6 – Why do you think the “unconference” model of edcamp works?
A6: it embodies voice and choice. 2 principals necessary for effective adult learning #oklaed— Drew Price (@drewprice11) February 27, 2017
A7: your first EdCamp can be overwhelming, but just have fun! If it isn't for you leave the session and meet cool people like me. #oklaed— Meghan Loyd (@meghanloyd) February 27, 2017
- 8 – If you were required to facilitate a session at edcampokc, what would you choose to share?
- Too many super amazing ideas to list – someone’s awesomeness would get left out!
Favorite question and why?
- Erin: Q3: Explain to the newbies the rule of two feet – sass
- Anne: Q8: if you were required to facilitate a session at edcampokc, what would you choose to share?
- Jonathan: Q5: Who are you looking forward to seeing at EdCampOKC?
- Scott: Q6: why does the unconference model of edcamp works?
Boomsauce tweet(s) of the night:
Erin: #Oklaed had 100 participants!
Next week on the #oklaed chat
- Challenge Yourself by @teachfromhere
- Join us at 8PM CST