Gamification – What is it? How do I do it?
These are the slides for my OTA/Encyclomedia Gamification session. I think that gamification offers students and teachers an excellent way to learn during the school year. The research I have read on gamification indicates that it can have a positive impact on learning.
My personal experience with gamification was when I gamified my calculus course a couple of years ago. Was it perfect? No, but it was amazing! I will be doing further research on gamification in the classroom this upcoming spring.
- Gamification and flipped classroom resources
- Boss fighting and other gamification thoughts
- The backside of gamification
- Gamification reflection time
- How Tomb Raider can influence gamifying your classroom
- How and Why to Gamify your classroom
- Professors to use gaming methods in classrooms
- Get Ready, Get Set, Go Gamify
- Gamify Your Class. Here’s why
- Gamify Your PD
- Podcast: Gamification
- Podcast: Gamification Thinking
- Jane McGonigal: Reality is Broken and website.
- Yu-Kai Chou: Actionable Gamification and website.
- Michael Matera: Explore Like a Pirate
- Google: Gamification in Education